3.09.2006

MP is cursed

I haven't posted this week b/c I haven't been doing a whole lot of knitting. Well, that's not entirely true. There's been a TON of knitting. And tinking. And knitting. And frogging. And knitting. And swearing. Alot. Still. Eternally. I'm irritated with myself, the yarn, Igor (who stole 3 of my dpns last night and had the nerve to stow them away in my work bag), you name it. I should really set the sucker aside for a couple of days until I can calm down but that would make too much sense. Maybe I'll beg Holly to fix it for me.

Okay, so I had a fashion police moment earlier today. I cruised to a department store on a futile search for a new jacket and on my way back to work, I saw a woman with her hair in a ponytail. No big, really - I wear mine in a ponytail virtually every day. I had to do a double-take, however, when I noticed that holding her hair back was a children's ponytail holder - you remember, the kind with the hard plastic balls with the air bubble in the middle. The kind where if you stretched them too far, they'd snap back and damn-near break your finger when it recoiled. While I was trying to wrap my brain around that, I saw ANOTHER woman wearing one.

Now, these were both women in their late-20s, early-30s, well dressed in skirts and blouses for work. And these huge honkin' ponytail holders that I'm sure are captured for posterity in my school photos from the 2nd to 5th grades. I fully accept the fact that I am not a fashion-forward kind of gal, but the return of that trend is just puzzling to me.

Update: I achieved temporary dominance over the evil MP from hell (there's your superlative, H) around 12:30 last night and promptly put it down before more damage could befall it. Maybe it's nocturnal and only wreaks havoc during the nighttime hours...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I HAVE SOME OF THOSE! I bought them out of pure nostalgia. I don't wear them though, mainly because I found out that they are alot easier to put in if your mom does it (although if you are in a rush on a school day, she is more than likely to give you a concussion when the thing leaps out of control and pegs you on the skull).