6.03.2006

Double-Secret-Probation Secret Pal

Apparently I actually need to post my responses to the SP questionnaire instead of saving it as a draft and thinking, "Oh, I'll finish it later..."

1. My favorite yarn to knit with is:
- I don't think I really have a favorite. I've been on a sock kick lately and I love Cherry Tree Hill superwash merino sock yarn, but I like just about everything.

2. I really do not enjoy knitting with:
- I'm not much of a yarn snob but my mom asked me to make her a poncho out of Lion Brand Color Waves. That is the only yarn in my life that I've ever felt squeak between my fingers. Never. Again.

3. If I had a choice, I would banish this yarn from my LYS:
- Hmm, I'm not crazy about novelty yarns, but other than that I'm perfectly happy wallowing in their yarn supply.

4. If I could knit only one more project for the rest of my life, it would be:
- I'd have to say Alice Starmore's Inishmore. It's been my dream project for about 7 years or so and if I were to never knit anything else, I'd like to at least finish that.

5. My favorite flower is:
- I like spring flowers: gerbera daisies, daffodils, tulips, Calla lilies.

6. My current color obsession is:
- sage green or blue-grey

7. My other interests are:
- In no particular order: soccer (U.S. National Team & DC United), NASCAR (Jimmie!), reading, travel (I hope to go to London & Paris this fall), music

8. Something I wish I knew more about is:
- Hmm. Everything! I'd probably have to say travel. I didn't get bitten by the travel bug until a couple of years ago and now I feel like I'm playing catch-up!

9. A knitting technique I want to learn is:
- It's a toss-up between learning the Continental method and learning colorwork.

10. My favorite needles to knit with are:
- I almost exclusively use circular needles any more. I'm a big fan of Addi Turbo circs.

11. Do you knit socks?
- Yup!

12. Please provide your foot measurements*:
length (longest toe to heel):
instep circumference:
ankle circumference:
- I have mutantly large feet - I would never ask anyone else to make socks for li'l ol' me.

13. What was your favorite childhood movie?
- Wow. Um. Maybe the original Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory

14. What is one thing in your knitting bag that you can't live without?
- My stitch markers and my locking row counter


15. What is lacking in your notions bag that you really, really want? (Cable needle, Kacha Kacha, Chibi, etc.)
- I tend to snap up gadgets as I see them, but the only thing I can think of is a circular needle holder. The only ones I've seen are the hanging ones with the slots for each needle size.

16. What is currently on the needles at your house?
- Oh my...um...Two pairs of socks (Jaywalkers and Dublin Bay). Inishmore (Alice Starmore), a Kitty Pi (with another in the wings). That's my no means the complete list but that's the active rotation. Oh! And Gigi (Green Gable) that's gonna come off any day now, I promise.

17. If you could do nothing but knit all day, every day, for the next month (and get paid for it!), what would you knit?
- All day? Well, if I was sufficiently air conditioned, Inny (Inishmore). It's wool so I would need to be cool enough, but there's enough going on with the pattern that I don't think I would get bored - and project boredom is an issue with me.

18. Least favorite color(s):
- I'm not big on pink (sorry Hol!) or brown. Everything else is pretty much okay.

19. Favorite genre of music? Or any way you want to answer that question...basically it's the what kind of music do you like question.
- I like just about everything except gangsta rap and extremely twangy country. I listen to everything from Top 40 to contemporary country to hip hop to classical to jazz.

20. Favorite candy or sweet:
- My current favorite is Take 5 candy bars. The Greatest Candy Bar Ever.

21. What is the most challenging thing you have ever knit?
- I'd have to say Inny (although she's not done yet). Learning to follow a chart, cable w/o a needle...although I'm about to embark on my first fair isle project so this answer could change.

22. How long have you been knitting?
- 10 years, give or take




No comments: