6.09.2006

Are you ready for some futbol?

According to the coundown clock on the World Cup website, there are just under 2 hours until the start of the 2006 World Cup. The U.S. has a tough group with the Czech Republic, Ghana & Italy to face in the next couple of weeks, but here's hoping we can squeak out of group play.

I've been working on Sniffy for the last day or so - trying to to finish my last SIP (sock in progress) before Summer of Socks begins. I think my goal for the SoS is going to be to actually make two identical socks. This may be too much to ask for, but I'm going to give it a shot. I'm in the midst of the wrap-and-turn portion of the heel. I don't know why short rows confuse me so much but I'm utterly baffled.

And riddle me this: why did I loan my ball winder to Melyssa when I'm embarking on my Knitting World Cup project today which is all fair-isly and requires 4 balls of yarn that are currently unwound? I am so smart. S-M-R-T...

*apologies to ESPN Magazine for stealing their headline

No comments: