6.28.2006

Happy Half-Birthday To Me!

I got the BEST present this morning for my half-birthday. Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird, it's a plane...it's the SUN! Sure, there's a dam about to burst in Rockville and the Potomac is still extremely high on its banks, but it's not grey! Hopefully this day without (much) rain will help give everything a chance to settle down (although our good friends at The Weather Channel seem to think there are more isolated and scattered thunderstorms on our way tomorrow and early next week).

Present numero dos: I got home with late night to find a package waiting for me on my dining room table. I'd show you a picture of it all nice and neat and unopened but the greedy gus in me sort of tore it open before I thought of that. I love goodies! Inside was a bottle of hand soap which is already sitting next to my sink - how you knew that sun-ripened raspberry was my favorite bath and body works scent? Nestled along side is a small bottle of Eucalan - I suppose now I don't have an excuse for not blocking Gigi anymore. Last but CERTAINLY not least is a skein of Sockotta in a blue, green & purple colorway. I'm thinking it's got Wendy's Toe-Up sock pattern written all over it.

So, in case you missed it, THANK YOU, SP, FOR THE AWESOME STASH!

I've gone a wee bit overboard with the Fleece Artist sock yarn. Two of these are gifts and one is for a pair of socks for Mom, theoretically. I blame that pair on Carol - she was making the Raindrop Lace socks and I couldn't help myself. It's gonna be the Year of Socks...quite possibly the Decade o' Socks with all the sock yarn I've managed to acquire. But it's so pretty!

The final stash aquisition picture - at least until my priority mail package arrives - is the KnitPicks Shimmer for my Candle Flame Shawl. It arrived yesterday, I just didn't think to take a picture. I've never played with laceweight before. Casting on is going to have to wait at least until I finish the Ugly Broads and free up my size 4 circs. My master plan is to have the first one and Mookie Pi have to be off needles by Friday. We'll see what happens between now and then.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

I have that Sockotta yarn. The exact colorway! I love it!! Now we can wear matching socks!! heehee.