11.16.2005

Who wants an orange whip?

I'm so tired but of of my grandma's favorite movies is on and I can't turn it off.

The Blues Brothers.

To this day, I remember watching this movie at the former Raintree Cinema in Columbus, Ohio with my aunt and my cousin (who lived in Chicago at the time). My aunt literally fell out of her chair laughing.

"How much for the little girl?"

It's SO ridiculous, but it's such a great movie. Simply hilarious.

"I hate Illinois Nazis."

It wasn't until I was much older that I realized the fantastic array of blues musical talent that they actually managed to assemble for this movie: Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, James Brown, Cab Calloway, John Lee Hooker.

Time to climb into bed and wait for my favorite quote:
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Jake: Hit it.

No comments: