11.15.2005

Danny Turner's Not Gay

Just got home from seeing Bob Saget's stand-up routine at GW. I didn't really have any expectations going into the night but I have to say that some of his stuff was HYSTERICAL. Not everything - there were definitely some eye-rollers and stuff that was a little too offensive - but I had tears streaming down my face on several occasions.

My friend DS is a dead ringer for a young Bob Saget - he's actually the one who motivated us to all get together and go see him. He got in touch with Saget's publicist and told him that his friends thought he looked like BS and wondered if there was anyway he could get to meet him. DS arranged to meet with the publicist before the show and apparently the guy was blown away by the similarity. He told DS that he would find a way to get DS backstage after the show so he could meet Bob S. He even gave DS his cell phone number so he could track him down. So, true to his word, after the show DS gets to go backstage and gets to meet Bob Saget who autographed a poster to him that said "Yo cousin!" or something like that. He was SO giddy.

The rest of this week is going to be just as social. Tomorrow night is pho for dinner, Thursday I get a breather and Friday is fondue with IMF. Saturday night I'm hiding b/c the roommates have once again decided to make plans involving my house without consulting, asking or even mentioning it before sending out the Evite. I'm not their mother and they don't necessarily need to ask me permission but common courtesy would be a nice change of pace.

Next week is Thanksgiving - where in the world did that come from? I think I'm going to do the Josephs' Thanksgiving with dinner with Pete and Pam the night before. I wish I could go to Savannah for turkey day but right after the cruise and right before Xmas, it's just not going to happen. I have to figure out how to buy my ticket home for THAT holiday.

No comments: