11.12.2005

It's been real...

Today is our final day at sea aboard the good ol' Star Princess. We stopped in briefly at Princess Cays - the southern tip of a Bahamian Island owned by Princess Cruises. I did my level best not to pour any additional money into their coffers, but I did have to have one teensy weensy strawberry daquiri to get the day started.

Yesterday was a full day at sea. We had our hash in the afternoon and Boner and Timmy managed to pick up about 20 virgins - all gay boys and women. Shocker. A good time was had by all, or so the story goes. We also had our formal photo taken. We all looked quite snazzy, I must say, and the boys were particularly handsome in their tuxes. Or maybe that's the vodka and tonic talking.

Ocho Rios - I believe - was the day before that and that was awesome. Climbing Dunns River Falls and the catamarran (sp) ride back and forth were so much fun. The anti-freeze disguised as rum punch, notsomuch. We all had to take a bit of a nap after we got back. It was the only way to survive.

All in all it was a pretty good vacation. Beat the pants out of the last cruise, that's for sure. I didn't manage to get in touch with my inner ho and it's something I've been thinking about quite a bit. Not the ho part exactly, but more figuring out what to do with the self-consciousness and the shyness factor. I think for all the times I feel awkward and left out, it's because I put myself in those situations. Hrm, something to think about when I get back home.

Tomorrow's an early morning - breakfast, debark and sprint for the airport. I have a 12:30 flight which should get me home by 3:30. I have last week's race taped and I really want to watch it before I know the result but if I have the opportunity to watch this week's race with scanner, I feel like I need to get my Trackpass money's worth.

I'm rambling. And running up a $.35/minute internet charge. I'm out.

No comments: