10.24.2005

Alpha, beta, gamma, delta...

For the first time in the history of naming storms, the Hurricane Center has had to resort to using the Greek alphabet for the naming of tropical depressions, storms and hurricanes coming through the Atlantic.

As I mentioned earlier this month, I'm going on a cruise in 2 weeks. My mother is thrilled beyond words, let me tell you. She's not crazy about the notion of her baby girl being out in the middle of the Caribbean to begin with - add a record number of storms to the mix and she's beside herself. To be fair, she's actually a little bit better than I would anticipate, but we're still a couple of weeks out so there's plenty of time for her to go nutso. News coming out of the region is kind of sparse, but my impression has been that most of the cruise ship piers have been destroyed. Nothing to do but wait and see what the cruise line decides to do, I suppose. They're pretty much in charge at this stage of the game.

As for this weekend's sports update, once again DCU failed to step up and perform as though they care about the playoffs. Tied Chicago at Soldier Field, forcing us to have to win next Sunday at home. I don't know if they're distracted by Freddie's whining or if there's other stuff going on but they have 6 days to fix it because there is no tomorrow. Well, there's a tomorrow, but there's no next-Monday if they don't get their act together.

Everyone else had pretty solid performances: my Buckeyes won (I wore my snazzy charm bracelet that Steph sent me), the Bears made it through a defensive battle and are tied with Detroit in the NFC North. Chimmie finished 3rd, behind FTS unfortunately. Here's to better luck at Atlanta. I'll prolly have to tape the race because of Marine Corps Marathon and the playoff game.


No comments: